We love welcoming our surrounding community to events held at Ardenwoods. We think it’s important to challenge ourselves to either learn a new skill or continue expanding our mind no matter what age!
This month we welcomed Robert and Laura Uherka from Simply Change. Robert and Laura are Senior Move Specialists and Professional Organizers. Robert and Laura challenged our attendees to consider 10 questions to get ready for a move. We included them below for you to ponder as well!
1. Is this item something I use regularly?
2. If not, is it something that I love?
3. Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation
4. Am I holing onto this because I think I should love it?
5. Am I saving this just in case?
6. Do I have multiples of the same thing?
7. Could something else I own do the same job?
8. Am I holding onto a broken item to fix one day
9. Is this item worth the time I spend cleaning/storing it?
10. Could I use this space for something else?
If you find any of those questions challenging for you or you don’t know where to even begin to make those decisions, call the professionals!
Sometimes the hardest part about deciding that it’s time to consider a retirement community like Ardenwoods is the overwhelming stress that can come with downsizing. We understand. You’ve been in your home for multiple years and every inch of it has something special to you, so how can you possibly move somewhere potentially smaller?
Every new Ardenwoods resident receives $3,000 towards a Simply Change session. Organizing your home and tossing old items can be a task that pulls at the heartstrings, but it doesn’t have to be! Join the Marie Kondos of the world and simplify your life and let Ardenwoods help! Give us a call today to schedule a tour.